Monday, April 9, 2012

4/9/12

"These people are addicted to misery." He gestured to those laying on the cots throughout the room. "I'm here to help"
"Most aren't ready for your help." She replied from her perch atop a pile of satin pillows. "That's why they're still with me."
"This isn't some fantasy. They'll die if they don't get help."
"They usually do. But how is that my concern?"
"It's your concern because they're your customers, without them you have no income."
"I'll find more. There's always some sorry sod looking for an escape. Pain is a great distraction."
"You're just as hopeless as your clients. Empty, numb, and sorrowful."
"But unlike them, I'm past being helped." She grinned.
"No, you're not." He whispered as he turned to leave. "I will save you, my love. Someday. I will save you."

No comments:

Post a Comment